2012- The year of change for me. You all, I think I will be blogging more. Blogging about life and the fun I am having. I am still in transition but I feel so much stronger, I feel like me again!!! This is a synopsis of 2012. I am so excited about 2013, bring it on!
1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
I didn’t let fear stop me from doing things. I entered a rib cooking contest and won against all men. 🙂
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
My resolution for last year was to confront issues that were bothering me before they got too big. I did pretty well with this and my life was more peaceful. I haven’t made any new resolutions.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No one close to me gave birth this year. I am hoping in the next year and a half that will change.
4. Did anyone close to you give die?
My ex-MIL passed away this year and my beloved dog Lady Bug.
5. What countries did you visit?
Travel, besides to skating events, was not in the budget this year. I am hoping to get to Switzerland to visit my brother and his family in the next year and a half.
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
More stability and travel. Less stress.
7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
There are many- the day my daughter turned 16, the day my son graduated from high school, the day that my son turned 18, the day that my son went to college for the first time, the day that my daughter got her drivers license, the day that my MIL passed away, the day I found out my Dad had cancer, the day that my Dad had his surgery,the day that Lady had to be put down, the day that my son turned 21.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Nothing in particular comes to mind as a big achievement but over the last year, I have come into my own and am happy. This is a big achievement I think.
9. What was your biggest failure?
My biggest failure is getting caught up worrying about crap that I cannot change. Not spending enough time having fun with those I love.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No major illness or injury.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
The best thing I bought was a ring for myself. It is designed in the shape of a flower to remind me to keep blooming and have a fresh start.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
All three of my kids have grown this year by leaps and bounds. I am proud of decisions each of them have made.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
This year I chose to not let others behaviors or decisions affect my mood or behavior so I will say no one.
14. Where did most of your money go?
All my money went to living expenses for me and the kids. I had very little extra this year but despite that, it was one of the best years I have had.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
winning both fantasy football leagues this year
16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
the gundam style song. Mostly because my kids hate it that I didn’t know the name, I hear it everywhere and it makes me laugh.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Much Happier.
b) thinner or fatter? Same
c) richer or poorer? Same
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Travel. Spend time with family and friends. Trying new things.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worrying and being afraid of what might happen next.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Christmas eve- I had appetizers with my kids, went to Les Miserables with my daughter, mom and a friend.
Christmas day- with my parents, my sister and her family, homemade waffles it was awesome!
21. Did you fall in love in 2012?
not in the conventional sense
22. What was your favorite TV program?
hands down- Downton Abbey!!!
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
absolutely no! I don’t have time or energy for hating anyone.
24. What was the best book you read?
The Language of the Flowers- excellent book
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
26. What did you want and get by year’s end?
Foam memory topper and a Chi straightener- thanks to my wonderful children, I got both
27. What did you want and not get by year’s end?
A different vehicle. It will happen in 2013, my old Ford Windstar has 239,000 miles on it.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
None stick out. I did enjoy Hunger Games
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 43. I was at my friend Mary’s celebrating my birthday, her daughters birthday and her MIL birthday. We share the exact same birthday and are all exactly 30 years apart in descending order.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I can’t think of anything
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
Fashion concept? umm I just try not to look old. lol.
32. What kept you sane?
My friends and family for sure. I have the best support system around.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
no one comes to mind
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
the election in general.
35. Who did you miss?
My friend Shawna. She is in Texas. I miss her constantly.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Diana. I connected with Diana in April of last year. It is like we have been friends forever. She will be my friend for life.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
I learned this year to look to see what is going on with others and not be so self focused. If someone is acting in a hurtful manner towards me, I try to see what might be causing them to act that way and not take everything so personal. It has created true empathy in my this year.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
My friend Jenna and I share this one:
What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger
Stand a little taller
Doesn’t mean I’m lonely when I’m alone
What doesn’t kill you makes a fighter
Footsteps even lighter
Happy new year!